- We discussed the following changes to the BLAST lab: write your answer to the free response WITHOUT using a rubric. THEN grade using the published rubric for the question (Hint-links to the rubrics are on the links tab of this page, a google search would also help). Your score on the FRQ will not affect your grade. You are being grading for the process of writing and scoring yourself. No scoring=no credit!
- Complete genomic evolution notes
- Started Descent with Modification notes
- Introduced Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium
1. Notes- genomic evolution
2. Lab- comparing gene sequences with BLAST
a) First visit http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/members/courses/teachers_corner/218954.html
(gene documents available below- remember to save the documents, you can't open them without
b) Download the four genes (follow the instructions on the site)
c) Visit http://blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Blast.cgi
d) Click saved strategies
e) Follow instructions for uploading the genes
f) Follow lab instructions
Reading Quiz Thursday
Genes available below. Right click and save to a folder in your documents. If you don't right click to save you will have trouble accessing the genes.
Look here for what we do each day.