What did we do in class today?
Warm-up: Explain the purpose of introns and exons. How can they increase protein diversity?
1. Notes: Eukaryotic control of gene expression
2. Complete gene shuffling.
Warm-up: Explain the purpose of RNA processing.
1. Notes: Translation
2. Alternative mRNA splicing activity
1. Complete mRNA splicing activity
2. Reading quiz moved to Tuesday 11/1- read pages 396-400 until storing cloned genes in DNA libraries, and pages 403 (starting with Amplifying DNA in Vitro) to page 415 (until Stem Cells of Animals)
3. DNA history due Wednesday
Warm-up: Write a poem or rap with explaining replication (hint: the names of the enzymes rhyme)
1. Notes: Transcription
2. Transcription diagram
Warm-up: Write a metaphor for the role of helicase, single stranded binding proteins, topoisomerase, RNA Primase, and DNA polymerase in replication.
Warm-up: What is the purpose of DNA polymerase?
1. Notes: DNA replication
2. Diagram: DNA replication
HW: Complete diagrams
Unit 4 Exam Day
•On notecards write the following terms on the front of cards and their definitions on the back (you may want to cut 3x5 cards in half)
•Single Stranded Binding Proteins (SSBP)
•DNA polymerase (you may include all three in one definition)
1. Finish modeling portion of lab- lab due by end of class. Parts to complete:
Modeling Mitosis and Questions
Modeling Meiosis and Questions
2. Time for graphic organizer and cell signaling questions (linked below)
3. Go over quizzes
HW: Study for Unit Exam
Warm-up: List Mendel's laws.
Lab: Modeling mitosis and meiosis.
HW: Complete #5 A, B, and C about the cell cycle and cancer from the lab hand out
Warm-up: Describe how a receptor tyrosine kinase amplifies a cellular response.
1. Mitosis and meiosis
3. Punnett Squares.
HW: Complete 1-6 on punnett square packet.
Look here for what we do each day.