Genetics Project Links
Genetics Project Websites For your project, you are required to use print resources for your research. There are several print resources available online which provide excellent information. In addition to using these resources, there are additional print resources available in the media center. The following resources may be useful.
·https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ - AWESOME source for most diseases
Find your OMIM Number here. Mendelian Inheritance in Man website-http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/omim/ search for your disease. Click on an article. On the left, you should see a link for Gene Map which provide you the location of your gene.
- https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/- another great source- includes research currently being conducted on many genetic disorders
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mplusdictionary.html use the search mechanism to find your topic in Merriam-Webster’s medical dictionary. This will provide you a good basic definition and other names of the disease.
Genetics home reference: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/
· http://www.merck.com/mmpe/index.html click on the alphabet or use the search mechanism to find your topic in The Merck Manual.
· http://www.bchealthguide.org/kbase/default.htm Use the search mechanism to find your topic in the BC Healthguide
· http://www.cdc.gov/az.do –click on the topic provided
· http://health.nih.gov/ click on alphabet
· www.healthfinder.com (this is a search site-the information is from a variety of sources)