Hand in online activity to red bucket
Warm-up 1: Explain Mendel's experiments and why they were so important.
1. Opener (warm-up)
2. Work session- Mendel intro notes
3. Closer- alien lab
Pick up notebooks from mailbox and handouts on table by mailbox.
1. Opener: Set up notebook
2. Work session: probability lab intro
3. Closing: Online activity in computer lab
1. Opener: Reproduction video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtsSbZ85yiQ
2. Work session: Quiz corrections
3. Closer: Test Review
Quiz corrections due tomorrow.
Notebook bonus: 15 vocabulary words
+3 points- Unit Objectives
+3 points- Teratogen poster
Review (with color images):
No warm-up: study for quiz
1. Quiz- embryonic structures and development
2. Notes- birth
3. Reading assignment- birth defects and teratogens
4. Birth note cards (4)-Dilation, Expulsion, Placental Delivery, Recovery
Reminder- Test Wednesday
1. Notes: Fetal Development part 3
2. Fetal development timeline
HW: Study for quiz Monday
Staple lab questions ON TOP of graph. Hand in to red bucket.
Warm-up 5: Define zygote.
1. Check supply basket- each box should have 1 stapler, 4 pairs of scissors, 2 glue sticks, 1 tape dispenser. Please trade with other tables as necessary.
2. Notes- Fetal development pt. 2
3. Note cards- fetal development
Warm-up 4: List the role of each menstrual hormone in the menstrual cycle.
1.Notes: Fetal development part 1
2. Lab time
3. Note cards: mentstrual hormones (4 cards- luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, progesterone, estrogen)
Warm-up 3: List 3 differences between spermatogenesis and oogenesis.
1. Correct oogenesis diagram, compare contrast
2. Notes: Menstrual cycle
3. Note cards: Events of the menstrual cycle
4. Quiz: Anatomy and Gametogenesis
Card list (same format as before):
Events of Menstrual Cycle:
2. Follicular Phase
4. Luteal Phase
Warm-up 2: Put the names of the steps in spermatogenesis in order.
1. Correct spermatogenesis diagram
2. Notes: Oogenesis
3. Complete compare-contrast
4. Complete oogenesis diagram
5. Gametogenesis notecards
•Spermatogenesis cards (on one color paper)
•Oogenesis Cards (on second color paper)
•Primary oocyte (include first polar body)
•Secondary oocyte (include 3 polar bodies)
- Warm-up 1: What are the names of the locations of gamete production in males and females?
1. Notes: spermatogenesis
2. Comparing male and female reproduction
3. Spermatogenesis diagram- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSMZDsjLuU
HW: Study for quiz Wednesday- reproductive structures and gamete production