Warm-up 4: Identify 3 differences between mitosis and meiosis.
1. Correct mitosis and meiosis handout from Monday
2. Notes: stem cells
3. Computer lab for cancer research activity links below:
Everyone must complete questions 1-3, but the poster is an optional bonus for up to 3 points added to your test.
a)Staple lab with online portion/microscope labeling on top of observations page- hand in to green basket
b)Hand in "Eukaryotic Cell Cycle and Cancer" to red basket
Warm-up 3: What is the purpose of a checkpoint in the cell cycle?
1. Notes- Meiosis
2. Comparing mitosis and meiosis
HW: TEST Thursday- complete vocabulary and study!
No warm-up- study for quiz
1. Cell cycle quiz
2. Finish mitosis lab
3. Computer lab for "Eukaryotic Cell Cycle and Cancer"
Warm-up 2: Explain what happens in the phases of mitosis
HW: Study for cell cycle quiz
1. Computer lab for Mitosis and Microscope Internet Lesson and Eukaryotic Cell Cycle and Cancer activity
Links for Mitosis Internet Lesson:
Link 1 Click on Mitosis and More: http://www.cellsalive.com/
Link 2: www.johnkyrk.com/mitosis.html
Link 3: http://www.biology.arizona.edu/cell_bio/activities/cell_cycle/cell_cycle.html
Link 4: http://www.biologycorner.com/projects/mitosis.html
Link for Eukaryotic Cell Cycle and Cancer (click start click and learn)
Warm-up 1: How is cell signaling related to cell division?
1. Notes: Cell cycle
2. Picture day
3. Cell cycle foldable
No warm-up, Pick up green sheets by mailboxes
1. Set up notebook
2. Signal transduction and cellular adhesion activity- finish at home if incomplete in class
Warm-up: Explain the difference between free and bound ribosomes.
1. Finish cell secretion notes and diagram
2. Self-check of notebook
3. Quiz correction
4. Test review- must complete macomolecules review, may choose between cell membrane review and cell organelle review (3 points bonus on test for completing all 3 review options)
HW: Study for test, finish vocab (receive 5 notebook bonus points for 20 words, receive full credit for 15 words)
No Warm-up: Study for quiz
1. Organelle quiz
2. Notes: Endomembrane system and secretion
3. Diagram: Endomembrane system
Warm-up 9: Choose one organelle as your favorite- explain why.
1. Notes: Cell membrane (also adding the mitochondria to your notes from Friday) membrane video:
2. Cell membrane and animal cell coloring
HW: Study for organelle quiz tomorrow, unit 1 test Thursday