Warm-up: List two symptoms of your genetic disorder.
Computer lab for project.
Printed genetic disorders questions due tomorrow.
Pick up project handouts (2) by mailboxes.
Warm-up: If you could study any genetic disorder. What would it be and why?
1. Discuss Genetics Project
2. Choose Genetic Diseases
3. Computer lab to work on project
National Institutes of Health nih.gov
Genetics home reference (great genetic disorder info) - https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/
Science Daily (search for your disease and find an article about it for question 7) https://www.sciencedaily.com/
Warm-up: Identify one type of teratogen and explain its effects on the fetus.
1. Go over teratogens.
2. Note card activity
3. Review for test. Choices (choose 2):
Review Questions 1-14 on page 65
Choose 25 vocabulary words instead of 15 in vocab
Complete the objective questions for this unit
HW: Vocab, study for test, review
Warm-up: Define the following terms, chorionic villus, amniontic fluid, placenta
2. Notes: Birth
3. Notecards: Pregnancy and Birth
Warm-up: Define the following terms- fertilization, endoderm, ectoderm, mesoderm.
1. Fetal development notes
2. Fetal development timeline
3. Fetal development notecards
HW: Study for quiz tomorrow.
Hand in yesterday's lab to red basket.
Pick up handouts from mailbox.
Warm-up: Explain the role of FSH, LH, Progesterone, and Estrogen in the menstrual cycle.
1. Go over textbook assignment
2. Fetal development notes
3. Fetal Develepment graph and notecards- use the same format as the other cards, the words you must include are:
Cleavage (be sure to address the zygote)
Gastrulation (include the 3 germ layers or make 3 separate cards for the germ layers)
Warm-up: Explain why dogs make a good model for human genetic studies.
1. Discuss "Dogs Decoded" video
2. Lab: Graphing hormone levels of the menstrual cycle- due Tuesday- LAB GRADE!
Warm-up: Outline the path an egg follows to the uterus starting with the ovary.
1. Notes: Menstrual cycle
2. Reproduction note cards
Make 3 sets of cards (format below):
Spermatogenesis (5 cards)
Oogenesis (6 cards)
-first polar body
-second polar body
Menstrual Cycle (5 cards)- include the hormones involved in each stage for the definition on these cards
Warm-up: Outline the path sperm travels starting with testes.
1. Human reproductive anatomy diagram
2. Female reproductive cycle notes
3. Female reproductive cycle outline
Pick up pink Table of Contents by mailbox
Warm-up: What process is used to make sex cells?
1. Set up notebook- leave space for unit objectives sheet before table of contents
2. Discuss article from Friday
3. Notes- Male and Female meiosis
4. Diagramming male and female meiosis.