Warm-up 8: Choose one embryonic structure you think is most important. Explain.
1. Notes: Fetal development part 2
2. Fetal development timeline
Additional resources for fetal development from the Mayo Clinic:
Once you click on the link, click on "Fetal Development: The 1st Trimester", "Fetal Development: The Second Trimester", and "Fetal Development: The Third Trimester"
Warm-up 7: Outline the steps of embryonic development- list in order and define
1. Notes: Fetal/Embryonic Development
Video link- embryonic development
2. Notecards: Fetal development
No Warm-up. Take out cards from yesterday for stamp. STUDY FOR QUIZ.
2. Progress reports- tests back next week- get signed by Monday 2/27 for 5 points on lowest quiz
3. Notes: Fertilization and Embryo Development
4. Note cards: Write definitions for starred words, Zygote*, Morula, Blastula, Gastrula*, Ectoderm*, Mesoderm*, Endoderm*
Due Monday 2/27, no bonus offered after Monday.
Take Cornell notes over at least one video below. More notes, more bonus. Bonus to be determined and placed in notebook or quiz section of grade book depending on individual student need. CHOOSE UP TO FOUR VIDEOS. You should choose videos based on your needs. Email email@example.com with questions. I will be able to answer email intermittently over break.
Bozeman science reproductive system:
Crash Course Male Reproductive System:
Crash Course Female Reproductive system:
Choose one of the 3 below if you need a review of Unit 2 Material- this will be important to the foundation of our course moving forward.
Bozeman science haploid and diploid: http://www.bozemanscience.com/diploid-vs-haploid
Bozeman science meiosis- http://www.bozemanscience.com/meiosis
Bozeman science stages of meiosis: http://www.bozemanscience.com/phases-of-meiosis
HAND IN LABS TO RED BUCKET-Staple answer sheet on top of graph.
Warm-up 6: List the 4 hormones involved in the menstrual cycle and which time during the cycle they're highest.
1. Class discussion of hormones
2. Fill out menstrual cycle diagram
3. Menstrual cycle and hormone cards
4. Study for DOUBLE QUIZ if time permits
Card list (same format as before):
Events of Menstrual Cycle:
2. Follicular Phase
4. Luteal Phase
Structure Cards (include the hormones associated with each):
3. Corpus luteum
Pick up three handouts by mailboxes
Warm-up 5: List the names of the major phases/events in the menstrual cycle in order, including the days in which they occur and what happens in each.
1. Menstrual cycle hormone lab
Warm-up 4: List the cells in spermatogensis and oogenesis in order.
1. 5 minutes to study for quiz
2. Go over comparison diagram
3. Notes: menstrual cycle
4. Note cards: Events in reproduction
2. Primary spermatocyte
3. Secondary spermatocyte
7. Primary oocyte
8. Secondary oocyte
10. Polar bodies
Warm-up 3: Draw and label a sperm cell with names and functions of the parts
1. Notes: Oogenesis and egg release
2. Diagram: Oogenesis and egg release
3.Diagram:Comparing oogenesis andspermatogenesis. Diagram instructions below:
•Assign colors to each structure/event listed on the sheet
•Color all structures according to the color code you’ve chosen
•label each cell as either haploid or diploid
•Identify the haploid number of this organism
•Identify the diploid number of this organism
•List four differences between oogenesis and spermatogenesis- label them with a star on the diagram if applicable
HW: Study for quiz tomorrow- all content is fair game
Warm-up 2: Choose three structures in the female reproductive system and explain how they are SIMILAR to three structures in the male reproductive system.
1. Finish left side from yesterday (article notes)
2. Notes (page 59): Male meiosis
3. Diagram- male meiosis and sperm cells
Pick up 2 purple sheets and notebooks in mailboxes
Set up notebook- page numbers if you are following along:
pg. 48 Blank for extra space
pg. 49 Unit 3 Objective
pg. 50 Vocabulary Page
pg. 51 Table of Contents
pg. 52-53 Warm-ups
pg. 54 Article
pg. 55 Summary
Today's notes will start on page 57
Warm-up 1: Through which process are sperm and eggs made?
1. Discuss article from yesterday
2. Male and female reproductive anatomy
3. Comparing sperm/egg production (top half of page 56= notes from article, bottom half of page 56=comparing male/female gamete production)
Warm-up 7: List two differences between embryonic and adult stem cells.
Study for quiz
2. Test Review: 2 review sheets
HW: Study for test, finish vocabulary, make sure notebook is put together.