Warm-up: List at least three differences between meiosis I and mitosis.
1. Complete meiosis notes
2. Complete meiosis diagram
3. Compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis
4. Microscope lab
HW: Complete lab and comparison
Warm-up: How is cancer related to mitosis?
1. Cell cycle quiz
2. Meiosis notes
3. Meiosis diagram
HW: Complete diagram
Warm-up: Explain what occurs in each phase of mitosis.
1. Plicker quiz
2. Computer lab activity: Cell cycle and cancer http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/eukaryotic-cell-cycle-and-cancer
HW: Complete cell cycle and cancer activity to be HANDED IN tomorrow
Warm-up: What occurs in each phase of interphase?
1. Plicker game- mitosis
2. Complete mitosis notes
3. Complete foldable
4. Mitosis hand out
Pick up notebook if it wasn't ready at the end of class on Friday.
Pick up stamp sheet and unit outline by mailbox.
Take out article summary.
1.Cell cycle notes
2. cell cycle foldable (must include drawings and definitions)
HW: Complete foldable
Genetics Test Day
Put notebooks in box at front of room (standing up please)
Desks completely clear, you need a pen or a pencil.
HW: Complete summary for Science Daily article using summary sheet
Warm-up: Describe the steps of making a protein for secretion.
1. Go over secretion diagram
2. Complete case study
3. Exam review- you must complete at least 2 of the following choices that cover different content, complete more for 2 bonus points on the test (choose based on the areas you need most help):
a) Objective questions on unit outline
b) Cell Vocabulary Handout
c) Cell Organelle Structure and Function Handout
d) Cell Membrane Review Worksheet
e) Macromolecules Review Worksheet
HW: STUDY and Vocabulary
Warm-up: What is the difference in function for lysozomes and peroxisomes?
1. Go over cell coloring sheet
2. Organelle quiz
3. Notes: Cell secretion, signal transduction
4. Secretion diagram
HW: Complete diagram if incomplete in class
Warm-up: If you had to choose, what is your favorite organelle that we've discussed so far? Why?
1. Cell organelle notes
2. Cell organelle coloring
3. Cell secretion notes
4. Cell secretion diagram
5. Continue case study/review of cell organelles if time permits
HW: Complete cell secretion diagram, study for organelle quiz TOMORROW
Warm-up: Identify the function of the following structures in the cell membrane:
1. Organelle case study
2. Organelle notes
3. Organelle diagram
HW: Complete diagram at home if incomplete in class