Please only sit in first 3 rows.
You need your notebook and your review sheet.
1. Time for final exam review
2. Review game (last 45 minutes)
Final exam review due Wednesday with Final.
Only sit in the first 3 rows.
Take out final exam review and begin work while I pass out test corrections.
1. Use the forms at the end of your desks for test corrections- please be sure to write the form letter on your sheets
2. DO NOT write on the scantron or test
3. When complete paperclip your scantrons and forms together and hand in the test packets to me.
No warm-up today.
Open notebooks to reproductive technologies notes.
1. Go over reproductive technologies.
3. Review- all students must complete the objectives- you may skip the following: 1, 2, 6, 7, 8
4. Review- all students must complete the second part of the restriction enzyme packet
Hand in online lab to green basket.
Warm-up 4: Explain what is meant by the term "competent" as related to genetic transformation.
1. Notes: Cloning
2. Go over assignments
3. Bioethics opinions
Explain your stance on the following topics using scientific and moral evidence
a) Maintenance of a DNA library of every human's DNA
b) Gene cloning using bacteria
c) Whole human cloning
d) Reproductive assistance/therapu
TEXTBOOKS DUE TOMORROW
Warm-up 2: What is your personal opinion about gene therapy? Please explain.
Computer lab for online lab.
Wednesday 5/17: Textbook collection for everyong
Thursday 5/18: Unit 8 Test for Sophomores and Juniors, FINAL EXAM FOR SENIORS (senior final exam study guide due), notebooks due for all students due
Pick up online lab packet by mailboxes. Set out food.
Warm-up 2: Describe the main reasons for male and female infertility.
1. Food day
2. Online lab
Pick up 4 handouts by mailbox.- You may choose a new seat today. I reserve the right to move you if you make poor choices.
Warm-up 1: Explain the use of restriction enzymes as we have discussed them to this point.
1. Notes: Reproductive technologies
2. PCR activity
No warm-up- pick up posters and extra graphic organizers.
1. Gallery walk
2. Notes: PCR
3. PCR summary
No warm-up. Pick up poster and new graphic organizer if needed.
1. Gallery walk
2. Notes: Transgenic organisms
3. Restriction enzyme practice
No Warm-up- pick up packet, unit outline and stamp sheet from table by mailboxes.
I am finishing your notebooks while you work today. We will take time to set them up at the end of class.
1. Read and take Cornell notes (will be today's right side) over DNA fingerprinting packet- include information about the history of DNA fingerprinting AND the process
2. Analyze DNA fingerprints in packet (stamp for today)
159- Stamp sheet
162-DNA fingerprinting handout
163- DNA fingerprinting notes