What did we do in class today?
Hand in online activity to red bucket
Warm-up 2: Explain Mendel's experiments and why they were so important.
1. Opener (warm-up)
2. Work session- Mendel intro vocabulary
3. Closer- alien lab
Warm-up 1: Define homozygous and heterozygous.
1. Work session: probability lab intro
2. Closing: Online activity in computer lab
1. Opener: Reproduction video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtsSbZ85yiQ
2. Work session: Quiz corrections
3. Closer: Test Review
Quiz corrections due tomorrow.
Notebook bonus: 15 vocabulary words
+3 points= Unit Objectives
Review (with color images):
Warm-up 8: Which part of the pregnancy is most important for correct development of the fetus? Explain.
Study for quiz
1. Quiz- Embryonic Structures and Fetal development
2. Birth notes
3. Birth note cards (Dilation, Expulsion, Placental Delivery, Recovery)
4. Teratogen poster
5. Fetal size data
Warm-up 7: Explain the relationship between the allantois and the umbilical cord. How are each related to the placenta?
1. Finish development notes
2. Fetal development timeline
HW: Study for quiz Monday
Staple lab questions ON TOP of graph. Hand in to red bucket.
a)Describe the roles of the menstrual hormones.
b) Define zygote.
1. Notes- Fetal development pt. 2
2. Reading assignment- Birth defects and teratogens- section 3.5 (pages 58-60)
3. Note cards- fetal development
Warm-up 6: List the role of each menstrual hormone in the menstrual cycle.
1.Notes: Fetal development part 1
2. Lab time
3. Note cards: mentstrual hormones (4 cards- luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, progesterone, estrogen)
Warm-up 5: Put the names of the stages of the menstrual cycle in order.
1. Lab- graphing the hormones of the menstrual cycle
2. Menstrual cycle notes
Warm-up 4: List three differences between spermatogenesis and oogenesis. Study for quiz.
1. Quiz- Reproductive anatomy and gametogenesis
2. Notes- Menstrual cycle
3. Menstrual cycle note cards
Card list (same format as before):
Events of Menstrual Cycle:
2. Follicular Phase
4. Luteal Phase
Warm-up 3: Put the names of the steps in spermatogenesis in order.
1. Correct spermatogenesis diagram
2. Notes: Oogenesis
3. Complete compare-contrast
4. Complete oogenesis diagram
5. Gametogenesis note cards
•Choose two colors of paper (or two markers and write on white paper)
•Front of card= name of structure
•Back of card= number representing order in process and definition of the structure
•Spermatogenesis cards (on one color paper)
•Oogenesis Cards (on second color paper)
•Primary oocyte (include first polar body)
•Secondary oocyte (include 3 polar bodies)