What did we do in class today?
Unit 2 Test Day
•In GILL: Complete summary of article AND read and take notes over pages 42-43 (section 3.1 in textbook)-if not complete in class, it’s homework
a.Define stem cell in your own words
b.Define EACH TYPE of stem cell in your own words and draw a picture that represents each
1. Practice quiz
2. Review for test
Warm-up 5: Explain 3 differences between mitosis and meiosis
1. Notes- stem cells
2. Stem cell questions
3. Cancer treatment and awareness poster activity
Warm-up 4: Explain the relationship between cyclins and cyclin dependent kinases and their role in the cell cycle.
1. Notes: Meiosis
2. Comparing and contrasting mitosis and meiosis
a) Draw images depicting the chromosomal differences between the phases of meiosis and the phases of mitosis
b) Write a paragraph describing the differences AND similarities between mitosis and meiosis, explain the importance of those differences and similarities
HW: Test Thursday- study, complete vocab
No warm-up- study for quiz
1. Notes: cyclins and cyclin dependent kinases
2. Graphing cyclins and CDK activity
Warm-up 3: Describe checkpoints in terms of cell division.
HW: Study for cell cycle quiz
Warm-up 2: Describe the behavior of the chromosomes in mitosis.
Computer lab for "Eukaryotic Cell Cycle and Cancer"
HW: Finish online activity and microscope labeling if incomplete in class.
Warm-up 1: How is signal transduction related to cell division?
1. Discussion signal transduction and cellular adhesion.
2. Notes: Cell cycle
3. Foldable: Cell cycle
No warm-up: Pick up food from back of the room and take to your seat.
1. Articles- eclipse and life, eye safety
2. Food day and data collection
No warm-up: Pick up unit outline by mailboxes. Sign up for eclipse food day.
1. Set up notebook
2. Signal transduction POGIL
3. Signal transduction and cellular adhesion reading