What did we do in class today?
Pick up pink sheet by mailboxes and notebooks in mailboxes
1. Set up notebook
2. Notes: Non-Mendelian Genetics
3. Practice problems
No warm-up- study for quiz
1. Opener- quiz
2. Work session- correct work/genetic disorder notes
3. Closing- Human traits inventory
Warm-up 6: Show the cross between AaBb and AaBB
1. Opener: correct work
2. Work session: How to solve trihybrid crosses
3. Closer: Trihybrid practice
HW: Study for quiz tomorrow (pedigrees and punnett squares)
Warm-up 5: Draw the pedigree for hitchhikers thumb (a recessive trait) in the family described below.
In generation I, Joe who does not have hitchhikers thumb marries Mary who has a hitchhikers thumb.
They have 3 children- Mike, Jane, and Jill. Mike and Jill have hitchhiker's thumb.
Mike marries Susan (no hitchhikers thumb) they have 2 sons without hitchhikers thumb.
Jane marries Bob (hitchhikers thumb) they have a daughter with hitchhikers thumb, one son with hitchhikers thumb and one son without.
Jill marries Andy (no hitchhikers thumb) they have two daughters- one with hitchhikers thumb and one without.
1. Opener: Correct pedigrees
2. Work session: Dihybrid cross notes
3. Closing: Dihybrid cross practice
Pick up aliens
Staple lab in this order:
Probability sheet (penny flipping)
Solo Saturian Handout
(Hold on to lab until told to hand in)
Warm- up 4: Show the cross between a homozygous dominant individual and a heterozygous individual. What percentage of their offspring will express the recessive trait?
1. Opener: Mendel and his peas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mehz7tCxjSE
2. Work session: Solving pedigrees
3. Pedigree practice
HW: Study for quiz Friday (pedigrees and punnett squares)
Warm-up 3: Explain how probabilities are used in genetics.
1. Opener: Mendel's Laws notes
2. Work session: Complete lab
3. Closing: Genetics practice problems