What did we do in class today?
Learning Target: I will be able to model and describe the process of PCR.
Hand in online lab to red bucket.
1. Genetically Modified Organisms and PCR notes
2. Paperclip PCR
Project due date moved to Monday 12/17.
Unit 8 Quiz moved to Tuesday 12/18
Warm-up: Explain why we don't get sick when we are exposed to a pathogen for a second time.
1. Humoral Immunity notes
2. Complete immune diagrams
3. Self-guided review for test tomorrow
Warm-up: Draw the following cells
Macrophage, Helper T Cell, B cell, Cytotoxic T Cell
1. 3 presentations
2. Cell mediated response notes
3. Complete acquired immunity section of POGIL
4. Cell mediated response diagram
Warm-up 2: Explain the relationship between different methods of controlling eukaryotic gene expression and protein diversity.
1. Complete gene expression notes
2. White boards
3. Complete exon splicing activity
Pick up unit objectives by mailboxes.
Set up notebook.
Absent for test day? Please see me to set up make up.
Warm-up 1: (this will require 1 or more full pages) Create a flow chart outlining the steps of transcription and translation. (this should take you about 15 minutes)
1. Notes: Control of Eukaryotic Gene Expression
2. Activity: Gene shuffling
Warm-up: Explain how mutations can be more detrimental based on their location in the DNA.
1. Practice Quiz
2. White board review and plicker practice
3. Review sheet
A) Write the complementary DNA sequence to the sequence below
B) Transcribe the sequence below (hint: use complementary RNA)
1. Discuss test
2. Translation notes
3. Transcription and translation practice
DNA Replication Tutorial:
DNA Replication Videos:
Protein Synthesis Video Resources:
1. 2 presentations
2. Notes: Translation
3. Open note quiz: Replication and transcription
Pick up iRespond, sit in quiz seats.
2. Two presentations
3. Complete replication notes