1. Go over dihybrid crosses
2. Review for test
STUDY FOR TEST TOMORROW
No warm-up- study for quiz
1. Opener- quiz
2. Work session- human traits analysis and human genetic disorders
3. Closing- dihybrid cross practice
Warm-up 4: Draw the pedigree for hitchhikers thumb (a recessive trait) in the family described below.
In generation I, Joe who does not have hitchhikers thumb marries Mary who has a hitchhikers thumb.
They have 3 children- Mike, Jane, and Jill. Mike and Jill have hitchhiker's thumb.
Mike marries Susan (no hitchhikers thumb) they have 2 sons without hitchhikers thumb.
Jane marries Bob (hitchhikers thumb) they have a daughter with hitchhikers thumb, one son with hitchhikers thumb and one son without.
Jill marries Andy (no hitchhikers thumb) they have two daughters- one with hitchhikers thumb and one without.
1. Opener- correct pedigrees
2. Work session- Dihybrid cross notes
3. Closing- complete pedigrees and dihybrid crosses.
HW- study for quiz tomorrow (pedigrees and punnett squares)
Warm- up 3: Show the cross between a homozygous dominant individual and a heterozygous individual. What percentage of their offspring will express the recessive trait? Use A's for your letters.
1. Opener: Mendel and his peas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mehz7tCxjSE, correct assignments
2. Work session: Solving pedigrees
3. Pedigree practice
HW: Study for quiz Friday (pedigrees and punnett squares)
Staple in this order:
Pick up alien and handout by mailboxes
1. All day practice for punnett squares ( must complete first handout and 1-16 in monohybrid cross packet)
Warm-up 2: Explain how probabilities are used in genetics.
1. Opener: Mendel intro notes
2. Work session: Complete lab
3. Closing: Genetics practice problems
Hand in online activity to red bucket
Warm-up 1: Explain Mendel's experiments and why they were so important.
1. Opener (warm-up)
2. Work session- Mendel intro notes
3. Closer- alien lab
Pick up notebooks from mailbox and handouts on table by mailbox.
1. Opener: Set up notebook
2. Work session: probability lab intro
3. Closing: Online activity in computer lab
1. Opener: Reproduction video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtsSbZ85yiQ
2. Work session: Quiz corrections
3. Closer: Test Review
Quiz corrections due tomorrow.
Notebook bonus: 15 vocabulary words
+3 points- Unit Objectives
+3 points- Teratogen poster
Review (with color images):
No warm-up: study for quiz
1. Quiz- embryonic structures and development
2. Notes- birth
3. Reading assignment- birth defects and teratogens
4. Birth note cards (4)-Dilation, Expulsion, Placental Delivery, Recovery
Reminder- Test Wednesday