Please pick up IRB Application Rubric by mailboxes
Warm-up: On a new page, not in the warm-up section, write the title "To Do List".
Divide the page in half with a line down the middle. On the first half write WHAT you need to complete. On the second half write HOW you will finish it.
Work day today: complete IRB application. If you are done, don't stop collecting/writing notes for your annotated bibliographies.
On a new page in your PREP notebook (not the warm-up section), write about your first impressions on the type of method you have chosen and researched. What are the benefits? Drawbacks? What special time considerations do you need to make? What ethical considerations are important to your study?
1. If necessary, take a picture of the page in the textbook that contains your "Reflect" portion of the method exploration assignment.
2. Discuss IRB Application
In computer lab:
Please sit in same groups from last class.
Complete Method evaluation activity in groups
In computer lab:
Method evaluation activity in groups
Pick up class set hand out and peer editing rubric for the annotated bibliography by mailboxes.
October warm-up 4 (or 5 depending on class): On class set read "Comparing Quantitative and Qualitative Research" up to "What are the benefits of qualitative research?". Answer the questions below
1. Define Quantitative research in your own words.
2. Define qualitative research in your own words.
3. What type of research do you think you are performing? Explain.
1. Discuss types of research
2. Discuss annotated bibliography
In Learning Commons:
In Computer Lab: Please follow the steps in order
October Warm-up 2: Ethics Case study questions
1. Ethics Discussion and IRB explanation
2. Peer edit inquiry proposal form with a NEW person following the same instructions from day 1. You may, however, resolve the comments from Day 1.
First peer edit of inquiry proposal form due.
Peer editing instructions.