Pick up posters
1. Opener- check assignments
2. Work session- Finish presentations
3. Closer- anatomy of paper
HW: Send email (requirements below) to my magnet email (by 8 AM on 9/22-A or 10/2-B) and PRINT A COPY, print 1 of your three research articles. Anything on "Baboons do What?" not complete in class must be completed at home. ALL DUE NEXT CLASS.
Pick up posters. Sit with poster group.
Update your calendar- Mentor information due the same day as your first mentor check.
1. Opener: Present 4 posters
2. Work session: Comparing primary and secondary articles "Baboons do What?"
3. Closing: Draft professional email for a mentor in logbook.
Professional Email Format: - Label each part of the email as listed below and give detailed answers.
Dear Mr., Mrs., Ms. Dr. ___________________
a. Introduce yourself - include Magnet research information & your research topic
b. Who? describe the audience your research will target and benefit
c. What? will you study? give details
d. When? will you research? time frame?
e. Where? will the research take place?
f. Why? is this research important?
g. How? will you conduct the research?
h. What are the International connections to your research? give details
i. What are the expected outcomes of this research? What do you hope to find?
j. What do you want to learn from this research?
Pick up posters, sit with poster group.
1. Complete posters
2. Reading assignment- using primary literature
Pick up calendar sheets by mailboxes.
1. ASR Calendar set up
2. Posters- primary, secondary, tertiary articles
3. Gallery walk and feedback
Media Center to learn about searching for journal articles from Ms. Wheeler (take notes)
1. On a new page in your logbook: look up and define primary article, secondary article, tertiary article. Leave space on the page to add more information next week
2. Find three PRIMARY ARTICLES related to your topic. Cite them in APA in your logbook on a new page.
3. Start a new page titled "Search Terms"- write down all your successful search terms on this page
Start a new document with links for your articles
Write down why the articles might be useful for you in the logbook
Staple final copy of resume on top of 3 drafts- hand in to red bucket
Take out logbook for mentor information check
1. Writing research questions
2. APA Citation Guide Activity
HW: Write your research question in your logbook, APA citation if incomplete in class
Pick up portfolios and 2 purple sheets by mailboxes
1. Cover presentations
2. Notes: Writing research questions
3. Research question writing
All assignments below due Wednesday 9/6 (A) and Thursday 9/7 (B)
1. Revise Resumes bring 1 copy printed- save edited copies to hand in with revisions
2. Research 3 potential mentors list the information below in your logbook- have parents sign mentor page
Area of expertise
Place of employment
Contact info (at least email and phone number)
3. Research question written in logbook
Look here for what we do each day.