Computer lab work days
Due for Results check 3/1 (A) and 3/2 (B):
All copies of original surveys (if applicable)
At least one processed data table (see samples below) copied into a Word document PRINTED
At least one graph copied into the same PRINTED Word document as your data table
PRINTED raw data table
1. Commonly Used Statistical Tests in ASR Notes- You MUST take handwritten notes in your logbook over the PowerPoint (saved as statisical_tests.pdf) below. Notes will be checked with your mentor check.
2. Continue working on YOUR data. Your results check on Tuesday/Wednesday consists of:
Printed raw data tables
Printed Processed data tables copied in to a Word Doc (to be discussed in class Friday/Monday)
Preliminary graphs copied into Word Doc
HW: Bring data and surveys to class Friday/Monday.
1A- Report to lab 706 Friday 4A Report to 301 Friday
B day- report to lab 706 Monday
1. Organize Portfolio
2. Submit Forest Data Activity to Google Drive folder (link in your Magnet email) FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS- A day due 11:59 PM Friday, 2/12, B Day due 11:59 PM Saturday, 2/13
Submit TWO Documents:
a) Excel Spreadsheet
Save as: lastname_firstname
There should be THREE data tables in your excel spreadsheet
b) Word document
Save as lastname_firstname
FIVE copy and pasted graphs
Conclusion paragraph stating which families are best suited to grow in Georgia and why, AND explaining the importance of planting multiple families in one area
3. Complete scatterplot questions from Partis Sibeti activity (due A 2/22, B 2/23)
Reminders: Scatterplot questions due 2/22 (A) and 2/23 (B). Mentor check and results check 2 2/26 (A) and 2/29 (B)
The following assignments must be completed. They will be checked in class on Wednesday (have a digital copy prepared)
Hand in methods to red bucket.
1. Complete chi-square class data (class data in documents below- use sorted documents to determine median and mode)
2. Against All Odds statistics videos (Stat Intro and Scatterplots)
3. Scatter plot activities
4. A day go over calendar
HW: Complete chi-square class data and through statistics activity # stated in class (1A and 4A through #2).
If you have your own laptop you prefer to use in class please bring it with you for the next class.
Look here for what we do each day.