\1. Upload article write-up to Turnitin.com
2. Highlight portions that are flagged as unoriginal
3. View Grammar Report- write edits on your paper
4. Make a group of 4 colors to edit together as an editor you are looking for:
a) Grammar and spelling errors not corrected by turnitin.com
b) Content quality- did they address the information from the blue questions with detail so that you can understand their article without reading it? (remember- not all blue questions are required for a write- up)
c) No quotes
5. Make edits to your write-up based on originality report, grammar report, and peer edits
6. Find article 3- print for Friday
7. Email three potential mentors with the following information
a) A brief introduction of yourself as a student ex: My name is Ms. Johnson I am a teacher at North Cobb High School. I teach a research course in which my students must seek professional assistance with their research.
b) A brief overview of the mentor responsibilities- meet once a month in person for at least 30 minutes until April , provide assistance with background research and data collection
c) Your research topic
Thank them for their time.
1) Due Friday 9/23 (A), Monday 10/3 (B) Print final copy of your article write-up (bring peer edited copies to hand in as well)
2) Due Friday 9/23 (A), Monday 10/3 (B) Find and print 3rd article
3) Due Tuesday 10/4 (A), Wednesday 10/5 (B)- print the three emails you sent to potential mentors
4) Mentor information due Friday 10/14 (A) and Monday 10/17 (B)
Look here for what we do each day.